Dr. Farshad Ghazanfari is a consultant physician in Acute and General Medicine with special interests in Rheumatology and arthritis, elderly musculoskeletal problems, Peri operative medicine, Rehabilitation and would be happy to provide both inpatient and outpatient care to people of Eastern Melbourne at Knox, Epworth eastern, Ringwood and Valley hospitals.
His private rooms are located at 108 Mount Dandenong Road, Ringwood East, Top to Toe health at Manningham Medical Centre. He can speak Farsi and Dari in addition to English. He takes teaching quite seriously and has been affiliated with different universities for the last 5 years and been acknowledged as an outstanding lecturer.
He strives for excellence and as examples:
- He won the First prize in Acute Care Medicine course in Australia among 175 fellows, registrars and consultant in Jan 2014 at Box hill Hospital.
- His research in elderly rheumatology/Geriatric population in Melbourne won the First poster presentation in Eastern health research symposium in Dec 2014.
- His research on Lupus in Indigenous population of top end of Northern territory won Travel scholarship from Australian rheumatology association in May 2013.
Dr Ghazanfari runs a state of the art laser clinic: Thor Low level laser therapy- for all musculoskeletal conditions, arthritis migraines and fibromyalgia.
You do not need a GP referral for laser sessions but need a consultation session for laser planning, which is Medicare rebatable.
Click on this link for the Melbourne Arthritis website: www.melbournearthritis.com.au
Specialty and Interests
- Acute and General Medicine with Special interests in Rheumatology and musculoskeletal medicine
- Thor Cold laser for pain and Arthritis
- Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease
- Geriatric and rehabilitation medicine
- Peri operative Medicine
Dr. Ravi Kumar
Consultant Physician & Geriatrician
Dr. Ravi Kumar is a Consultant Physician in General and Geriatric Medicine and he has public hospital appointment in General Medicine at Eastern Health, Maroondah hospital.
His General medical interest include diagnostic and management of chronic disease with special interest (but limited to) in the speciality of Rheumatology, and Endocrinology.
His Geriatric interest are: Ortho Geriatrics, Acute care of the elderly, Complex geriatric care, Comprehensive geriatric assessment, falls and balance, cognitive assessment and acute/Chronic pain management.
He is involved in teaching Medical students from Monash and Deakin Universities and hold Adj.Senior Lecturer position with Monash University.
He works privately mainly at Knox private and Ringwood private hospitals.
His main private rooms are at Maroondah Specialist Group 108, Mount Dandenong road, Ringwood East.
He also consults at Knox consulting suites at Knox Private Hospital and Thompson Road specialist Centre in Cranbourne.
He completed undergraduate training at The University of Madras in 1989, and did post graduate training in Australia and obtained FRACP in 2009 with dual speciality Advanced Training in Geriatric Medicine and General Medicine.
He will be offering a prompt and professional service and provide a comprehensive, caring and efficient General Medical and Aged Care service to the eastern and outer eastern suburbs.
His interest covers broadly in General and Geriatric medicine both in inpatient and outpatient setting.
He is available to discuss urgent referrals or any clinical issues with General Practitioners and can be contacted directly on 0438 138 268.
Mr Francis Ma
- Management of arthritis of the hip and knee
- Hip and knee replacements – including:
Partial and total knee replacement (routine use of computer navigation)
Primary and revision (redo) replacement procedures of the hip and knee
Mini posterior and anterior mini invasive hip replacement
Local infiltrative anaesthetic techniques to facilitate early recovery
- Knee arthroscopy and ligament reconstruction
- Hip arthroscopy and the management of hip pain in the young adult, especially FAI
- General orthopaedic trauma in adults and children